More than 9,000 images are available in Oglethorpe’s Flickr profile, all of which may be downloaded and used in accordance with a Creative Commons license. Please note that prior approval is required for use of our photos in printed publications.
Feel free to contact us if you need assistance locating a photo.See photos in Flickr
Need a photographer for your event?
Consult our list of Photography Resources for Oglethorpe University Internal Use, including OU students and professionals.
Brand Standards Manual
This manual may be used as a guide for representing the Oglethorpe University brand.
Any professionally printed materials including brochures, signs, and merchandise for sale or giveaway (t-shirts, mugs, etc.) that use the Oglethorpe logo or other brand elements require authorization from University Communications.
Please submit a copy of your proposed design through this form for approval or email it to us. Please be sure to allow enough time for design adjustments before the item needs to be printed.
Review Oglethorpe’s Brand Standards Manual
- Oglethorpe yellow is PMS 109, and should be printed on a coated sheet with spot color only.
- When printing on an uncoated sheet, PMS 108 or the equivalent CMYK should be used.
- Our primary font is Futura bold with Miller used for subtext. Arial may be used if Futura is not available.
A_LAB brand toolbox (a collection of logos, images and templates to help promote A_LAB events)
Oglethorpe Logo Usage
Please familiarize yourself with the Oglethorpe Standards Manual (above) and contact us for permission before using the Oglethorpe logos. Multiple versions have been placed in a Dropbox folder and are available for download.Download Oglethorpe Logos from Dropbox
- The JPG format is suitable for inclusion in Word documents or online.
- The PNG format is ideal for online use.
- The GIF format is transparent and can be used on colored backgrounds.
- An EPS or AI version of the logo is to be used with professional printing projects. You will likely be asked for a vector file. Please contact us for these versions of the logo. Professionally printed materials must be approved by University Communications if any official mark is used.
- Additional file types are available for all logos, if needed. Please contact us if you don’t find the file you need.
- Use of the quatrefoil alone is permitted only in certain situations. Please contact us to discuss your project and to receive the file.
Digital versions of the following are available in the Dropbox folder and are available to download:
- Microsoft Word template for Oglethorpe’s official letterhead
- Oglethorpe Power Point template
The following items are available from our preferred printer, Trinity Press. Orders are placed in an online stationery store by one designated staff member in each department. Please contact us if you are unsure of your department’s representative.
- business cards
- note cards
- Oglethorpe letterhead
- Oglethorpe envelopes
- athletics letterhead
- athletics envelopes
Wondering if it’s proper grammar to use Alma Mater, alma mater or alma mater? Don’t know what the CFP is? Check Oglethorpe’s customized Associated Press stylebook. The AP stylebook can be used as a reference for commonly-used Oglethorpe phrases, language, and punctuation. Please note: Only computers on Oglethorpe’s campus can access the stylebook.Oglethorpe’s custom AP Stylebook
View our Fast Facts to get more statistics and background about the Oglethorpe community, including student population, programs of study, and top scholarships.Fast Facts
Rankings & Accolades
Oglethorpe University is consistently recognized for excellence in many areas, from our academics to our contribution to the public good. But don’t take our word for it; see the full list of third-party endorsements.Rankings & Accolades