- To be included on the official Oglethorpe calendar, events must be submitted through OUConnect. Submitting your event to OUConnect also ensures that your event will be included in Monday’s event email “This Week at Oglethorpe,” on the Stall Wall Weekly, and promotion via Oglethorpe’s official Twitter account.
- If you are not able to submit events via OUConnect, email your event to University Communications with the subject “Event Submission – [Your Event Name]” for consideration.
- Check the Oglethorpe social media directory and when promoting your event on social media, tag the Oglethorpe groups involved, or those that may be interested in your event (including the Oglethorpe U. account). Customized messages encourage sharing!
- Consider submitting an announcement to the Source the week of the event, in order to be included in Wednesday’s email News & Announcements from the Source.
- If your event has a good story behind it, email University Communications well in advance and pitch your idea to be considered for our Source online stories.
Get the word out on campus:
- Advertise your event on the TLCC TV screens by submitting artwork to the online form through the event submission process on OUConnect. The submission form also allows groups to have their flier on the kiosk located in the Starbucks area. This and the commuter lockers are the only approved spaces for physical fliers in the TLCC. (Design tip: Power Point’s widescreen setting will create a slide in the correct dimensions for the TV screens. Just save it as a .jpg in order to submit it to the form.)
- Hang a banner in the TLCC for up to 3 business days. Banners cannot exceed the size of a twin size sheet and must be approved by a member of the Campus Life office located in the Student Commons.
- Consider tabling during lunch and dinner time in TLCC. Submit your request to reserve a table.
- Print and hang posters on bulletin boards around campus.
- Using the OU logo? Review Oglethorpe’s brand standards and download logo files from University Communications.
- If you’re interested in finding a graphic designer, many online resources are available through services like Fiverr. (Use an online service like this at your own risk.)
- Or, get a referral for a professional graphic designer that has done official work for Oglethorpe University. Email University Communications for more information. Expect to spend $100-200 for a poster design.
- If you’d like professionally printed 11×17 posters, we suggest using our preferred printer, Trinity Press, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Expect to pay about $40 for 50 posters.
- Hang your posters on bulletin boards in just about every building on campus. Please note: Flyers or posters taped to doors or windows anywhere on campus will be removed.
- Bring copies of your flyers to Student Commons, and they will be distributed to RAs for placement in residence halls.
Is your event open to the general public?
- If your event is open to the public, consider generating interest by working with University Communications to submit to free local media event calendars, like Access Atlanta. If you’re interested in this, please contact University Communications as we work with these calendars often and can help! Please be sure to contact us at least 2-3 weeks prior to your event.