- Submit your events on OUConnect to be included on Oglethorpe’s online calendar. This ensures that your event will be included in the weekly event email “This Week at Oglethorpe” and promoted on Oglethorpe’s official Twitter account, if appropriate. Need help? Students, please contact Chantel Jones. Faculty/staff, please contact Grant Utter.
Note: Event space reservations and catering requests must be completed via 25 Live, managed by University Events.
- Check the OU social media directory! When promoting your event on social media, tag the campus groups involved, or those that may be interested in your event (including the Oglethorpe U. account). Customized messages encourage sharing!
- Does your event have an interesting story behind it? Email University Communications well in advance and pitch your idea to be considered for our Source web stories!
Get the word out on campus:
- Advertise your event on the TLCC TV screens by submitting artwork to the online form through the event submission process on OUConnect. The submission form also allows groups to have their flyer on the kiosk located in the Starbucks area. The kiosk and commuter lockers are the only approved spaces for physical flyers in the TLCC. (Design tip: Power Point’s widescreen setting will create a slide in the correct dimensions for the TV screens. Just save it as a .jpg in order to submit it to the form.)
- Hang a banner in the TLCC for up to 3 business days. Banners cannot exceed the size of a twin size sheet and must be approved by a member of the Campus Life office located in the Student Commons.
- Consider tabling during lunch and dinner in TLCC. Submit your request to reserve a table.
- Print and hang posters on bulletin boards around campus.
- Using the OU logo? Review Oglethorpe’s brand standards and download logo files from University Communications.
- Canva is a great online design resource!
- Or, get a referral for a professional graphic designer that has done official work for Oglethorpe University. Email University Communications for more information. Expect to spend $100-200 for a poster design.
- If you’d like professionally printed 11×17 posters, our preferred printer is Trinity Press, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Expect to pay about $40 for 50 posters.
- Hang your posters on bulletin boards in just about every building on campus. Please note: Flyers or posters taped to doors or windows anywhere on campus will be removed.
- Bring copies of your flyers to Student Commons, and they will be distributed to RAs for placement in residence halls.
Is your event open to the general public?
- If your event is open to the public, generate interest by working with University Communications to submit to free local media event calendars, like Access Atlanta. If you’re interested in this, please contact University Communications as we work with these calendars often and can help! Please be sure to contact us at least 2-3 weeks prior to your event.